Assignment: Disorders of the Veins and Arteries
Advanced manner nurses repeatedly use endurings delay state and artery disorders such as continuous venous neglect (CVI) and intense venous thrombosis (DVT). While the symptoms of twain disorders are excellent, these symptoms are sometimes mistaken for signs of other conditions, making the disorders obscure to diagnose. Nurses must scrutinize all symptoms and administration out other undeveloped disorders precedently diagnosing and prescribing usement for endurings. In this Assignment, you discuss the epidemiology, pathophysiology, and clinical endowment of CVI and DVT.
· Review the minority “Diseases of the Veins” (pp. 598-599) in Section 23 of the Huether and McCance passage. Identify the pathophysiology of continuous venous neglect and intense venous thrombosis. Consider the similarities and differences betwixt these disorders.
· Select a enduring constituent incongruous from the one you chosen in this week’s Discussion: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, or demeanor. Think environing how the constituent you chosen force impression the pathophysiology of CVI and DVT. Reflect on how you would diagnose and decree usement of these disorders for a enduring fixed on the constituent you chosen.
· Review the “Mind Maps—Dementia, Endocarditis, and Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Complaint (GERD)” media in the Week 2 Learning Resources. Use the examples in the media as a direct to erect two spirit maps—one for continuous venous neglect and one for venous thrombosis. Consider the epidemiology and clinical endowment of twain continuous venous neglect and intense venous thrombosis.
Write a 2- to 3-page article that addresses the following:
· Compare the pathophysiology of continuous venous neglect and intense venous thrombosis. Describe how venous thrombosis is incongruous from arterial thrombosis.
· Explain how the enduring constituent you chosen force impression the pathophysiology of CVI and DVT. Describe how you would diagnose and decree usement of these disorders for a enduring fixed on the constituent you chosen.
· Erect two spirit maps—one for continuous venous neglect and one for intense venous thrombosis. Include the epidemiology, pathophysiology, and clinical endowment, as well-mannered-mannered as the individuality and usement you explained in your article.
Use these resources for reference
Huether, S. E., & McCance, K. L. (2017). Understanding pathophysiology (6th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Mosby.
Chapter 23, “Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems”
This section scrutinizes the circulatory plan, life, planic vogue, and lymphatic plan to demonstrate a rudiments for usual cardiovascular operation. It focuses on the construction and operation of uncertain compatability of the circulatory plan to exemplify usual race issue.
Chapter 24, “Alterations of Cardiovascular Function”
This section presents the pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, evaluation, and usement of uncertain cardiovascular disorders. It focuses on complaints of the states and arteries, disorders of the life mound, life complaint, and disgust.
Chapter 25, “Alterations of Cardiovascular Operation in Children”
This section scrutinizes cardiovascular disorders that interest children. It distinguishes coetaneous life complaint from habitual cardiovascular disorders.
Hammer, G. D., & McPhee, S. J. (2019). Pathophysiology of complaint: An presentation to clinical therapeutics (8th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.
Chapter 11, “Cardiovascular Disorders: Vascular Disease”
This section begins delay an overview of the vascular ingredient of the cardiovascular plan and how the cardiovascular plan is usually regulated. It then describes three despicable vascular disorders: atherosclerosis, hypertension, and disgust.